Every project feels extraordinary and great experience
Respect and support ambitions, learning, and desire to be challenged
Believe in innovation, new changes, and creative ideas
WORKING WITH US
You will be a working with great talents and building skills on every project. Getting involved with us will give you more amazing experiences on facing challenges and having innovative ideas. We value each of our employees and believe that a career at Equagen is highly rewarding.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Our employee benefit program is all about promoting good quality of life and prosperity.
EQUAGEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the laws set forth in the Department of Labor EEO Poster and Supplement.
Whether you are a college student, recently graduated, or have years of experience, if you are enthusiastic and passionate about what you do, there’s always a place for you on our team. We are seeking for highly creative and committed team members in diverse background to join us. Please click on below “OPEN POSITIONS” tab to see listing of current career opportunities at Equagen.
Location: Cary, NC
This position is offered to a talented and highly motivated individual who specializes in Structural Design. Must be a synergistic team player and an invaluable resource for EEI’’s architects, designers, and clients. We aspire to provide a challenging and inspiring work environment for such a candidate in a position that will require detailed, project-specific designs.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD and the ability to produce construction documents on a multitude of structural engineering related projects including plans, specifications, details and sections of our building projects
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Review and apply local codes and standards to construction documents
- Review and apply proper structural design standards and guidelines
- Perform field work at project sites both during design and through construction
- Work under supervision of a project manager and structural engineer
- Ability to work with multiple structural framing types.
- Ability to coordinate and work with internal architectural resources and MEP consultants
Position Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required with minimum 10 years experience working as a structural designer OR Associate Degree with minimum 8 years experience OR Bachelor’s degree with 5 years’ experience
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Structural Designer under direct supervision of a Professional Structural Engineer
- Proficient in AutoCAD and ability to produce construction drawings and documents with minimal oversight for review by a licensed professional structural engineer
- Ability to work independently, with minimal to moderate oversight from a licensed professional structural engineer
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience assembling structural construction documents and details including:
- Wood framed construction
- Light gauge steel
- Reinforced masonry
- Reinforced concrete
- Structural steel